( SERVES 2 )
Everyone who came to the test kitchen on our baking day loved these simple classics.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|½ cup||Brown sugar, firmly packed|
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
- Preheat oven to 160 degC fan bake.
- Put rolled oats, coconut, firmly packed brown sugar and vanilla essence into a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and pour over dry ingredients.
- Stir well to moisten all the mixture, then put into a paper lined 28cm x 15 cm tin. Spread out as a thin layer in the tin. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mark into pieces with a knife.
- Leave to get completely cold, then take from tin, snapping the biscuits into pieces where marked. Store in an airtight container.
Cook's tip: Baking paper lining the tray makes lifting the slice so easy.