Baked Lemon Cheescake
A perennial favourite, cheesecake is at home at a dinner party as it is at a mid-week family meal.
|250 g||Malt biscuits|
|125 g||Butter, melted|
|500 g||Cream cheese, at room temperature|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1||Lemon, finely grated zest and juice|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
- Preheat the oven to 160 degC fan bake. Brush a 20cm springform cake tin with melted butter.
- Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture evenly over the base and up the sides of the tin. Chill while you make the filling.
- Beat room temperature cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until creamy. Beat in lemon zest and juice and sour cream.
- Continue beating until ingredients are well combined and mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gently beat in the eggs to just combine, but don't overbeat at this stage. Pour this mixture into the crumb base.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until just set in the centre. Cool completely.
- Cover the cheesecake loosely with plastic food wrap and refrigerate overnight to firm.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.