Cauliflower and Chicken Curry
This dish combines some of our favourite ingredients – chicken, curry and cauliflower. Yum!
|8||Boneless chicken thighs|
|2 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|2 tbsp||Root ginger|
|1 tsp||Chilli powder|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|2 tsp||Garam masala|
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|2 cans||Canned tomatoes|
|400 ml||Coconut cream|
|2 cups||Baby spinach|
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan, then brown the chicken pieces.
2. Remove chicken and set aside. Add the remaining oil and saute onion on low heat.
3. Add chillies, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, curry powder, turmeric, garam masala and cumin. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Pour tomatoes and coconut cream into the pan, then add chicken and cauliflower florets. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring well.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir through spinach for 1 minute. Serve with rice.
Cook's tip: Cooking times will depend on the size of the chicken pieces and the intensity of the heat. If you prefer bigger pieces of chicken in your curry, lower the temperature slightly and cook longer and slower.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL