Peanut and cucumber salad
( SERVES 6 )
Cucumber and peanuts make a super partnership with any spicy food. Take care with fresh chillies – use plastic gloves and wash your hands well afterwards.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Unsalted peanuts|
|1 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|2||Telegraph cucumber, skin left on, halved lengthways and sliced|
|1||Red onion, finely diced|
|1||Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped|
|½ cup||Rice wine vinegar|
|2 tbsp||Caster sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Toss peanuts in the peanut oil and roast for 15 minutes until golden. Keep an eye on them as ovens vary and this could reduce the time needed.
- Place peanuts on paper towels then roll, taking care not to touch the hot peanuts. This friction will dislodge the skins of the peanuts. Once cool, roughly chop.
- Place cucumber, onion and chilli into a bowl. 5. Top with vinegar and sugar.
- Season, then toss to combine. 6. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Serve.