Mini banana passionfruit cakes
|65 g||Butter, softened|
|¼ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|2||Bananas, ripe, mashed|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|¼ cup||Milk, warm|
|1 cup||Self raising flour, sifted|
|¼ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|1½ cups||Icing sugar, sifted|
|30 g||Butter, melted|
|¼ cup||Passionfruit pulp|
- Heat oven to 180 degC (160 degC fan bake). Grease two 12-hole mini muffin tins.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg, then beat in mashed bananas.
- Combine baking soda with milk and beat into the mixture.
- Stir in the flour and nutmeg. Spoon mixture into prepared tins, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of one mini cake comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely, then ice.
- To make passionfruit icing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. Spread over cold cakes.