Scone based pizza dough
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Heat oven to 200 degC, then lightly oil one or two oven trays, depending on how many pizzas you plan to make.
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add butter and with your fingertips rub the lumps of butter into the flour until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in milk and mix briefly, just enough to form a stiff dough.
- It is best not to over-mix the dough or the pizza base will be hard and tough.
- Roll out the dough thickly to cover oiled oven tray in a square shape. or, rolled thinly, this mixture will make two medium sized round pizza bases.
- Spread or scatter your favourite topping ingredients over the surface of the dough, leaving the edges free of topping.
- We used tomato pasta sauce, shaved ham and sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until topping is bubbling hot and pizza crust is golden brown. Slice and enjoy.
Suggestions: Tomato pasta sauce, Shaved ham, Canned pineapple pieces, Chopped mushrooms, Sliced sausage, Sliced mozzarella or grated cheese, Sliced tomato or cherry tomatoes, Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped Sliced gherkins, well drained, Basil pesto