Orange and coconut cupcakes
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Orange, finely grated rind|
|¼ cup||Orange juice|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|25 g||Butter, melted|
|2 tbsp||Orange juice|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|¼ cup||Pistachio nuts, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Oranges, finely grated rind|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place orange rind and juice in a bowl with coconut and stir together.
- Soften butter in a bowl, add sugar and beat together until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Sift flour and baking powder over egg mix and stir gently along with orange and coconut.
- Spoon mixture into 12 paper case-lined muffin pans.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Turn cakes out onto a cake rack to cool.
- Mix butter, orange juice and icing sugar together to make a firm icing. Ice the cooled cakes with the icing, and then sprinkle with chopped pistachios and finely grated orange rind.