Orange and coconut cupcakes
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Orange, finely grated rind|
|¼ cup||Orange juice|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|25 g||Butter, melted|
|2 tbsp||Orange juice|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|¼ cup||Pistachio nuts, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Oranges, finely grated rind|
- Heat stock in a small saucepan. Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add oil, then onion.
- Cook over a medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes until onion is softened but not coloured.
- Stir in garlic and rice and cook for 2 minutes to toast but not brown.
- Add wine and simmer to reduce liquid almost completely.
- Add a cup of hot stock and stir until liquid is again well-reduced and the mixture is nearly dry.
- Repeat, adding stock until it has all been absorbed (this whole process takes 15 to 20 minutes).
- Grains of rice should be just tender to the bite but still a little firm in the centre.
- Stir in parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread over a tray and leave to cool completely.
- Shape risotto mixture into 18 patties or cakes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan, add a film of oil and fry risotto cakes in two to three batches for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Keep warm in a medium oven while cooking remaining cakes.