Minted lamb and kumara casserole
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Lamb, trimmed of fat, diced|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Onions, medium, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Red wine|
|500 ml||Beef stock|
|3 sprigs||Mint, large|
|2||Kumara, medium-sized, diced into bite-sized chunks|
- Roll diced lamb in flour seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy based frying pan or casserole dish and brown meat in batches.
- Remove meat and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pan and gently cook until tender.
- Add meat back to pan, increase heat and pour over red wine allowing it to bubble. Add stock and two sprigs of mint. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer very slowly for 2 hours.
- Add kumara and continue to cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove cooked mint and garnish with fresh sprigs.