Sweet caramel and walnut pinwheels
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Preheat oven to 220 deg C. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Grate butter into the flour and quickly rub with fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in milk.
- Using a knife quickly mix to a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Roll out gently to a 20cm square.
- Place sugar and butter in a bowl and mix together with cinnamon. Dot butter mixture over scone surface and sprinkle with walnuts. Roll up dough like a sponge roll and cut into 4cm pieces.
- Place on an oven tray and sprinkle each roll with combined raw sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.