(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 sheets||Short crust pastry|
|1 cup||Long grain rice|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|3 cups||Tasty cheese|
|1 tsp||Dry mixed herbs|
1. Preheat oven to 160degC. Line a pie or quiche dish with pastry and bake blind for 10 minutes.
2. Cook rice in boiling salted water. Drain well.
3. Discard tough stems from silver beet, chop and lightly steam over a medium heat in a covered saucepan.
4. Roughly chop pumpkin and cook in a saucepan with a little water until tender. Drain pumpkin and then purée with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle one third of the cheese and ½ tsp mixed herbs over the pastry base. Cover with half of the rice.
6. Place all the silver beet on the rice and then add another third of the cheese.
7. Cover with the puréed pumpkin and then the remaining rice.
8. Top with sliced tomatoes and remaining cheese and herbs.
9. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden.