( SERVES 6 )
This is the simplest dish – essentially softly cooked tomatoes, cheese and toast.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Fresh thyme|
|1 to taste||Cracked black pepper|
|150 g||Gruyere cheese|
|6 servings||Ciabatta bread|
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add tomatoes, thyme and season with cracked pepper.
- Cook on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes – tomatoes should still be firm.
- Place into 6 ramekins.
- Place gruyère slices into 6 side dishes.
- Cut toasted ciabatta and divide into 6 for each serving.
- Serve medley immediately as individual servings while the tomatoes are still hot.