( SERVES 6 )
This is the simplest dish – essentially softly cooked tomatoes, cheese and toast. Add fresh herbs, sort out all your serving ramekins and search out great bread and you’ll look like you should have your own café.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Fresh thyme|
|1 to taste||Cracked black pepper|
|150 g||Gruyere cheese|
|6 servings||Ciabatta bread|
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add tomatoes, thyme and season with cracked pepper.
- Cook on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes – tomatoes should still be firm.
- Place into 6 ramekins.
- Place gruyère slices into 6 side dishes.
- Cut toasted ciabatta and divide into 6 for each serving.
- Serve medley immediately as individual servings while the tomatoes are still hot.