Mum’s yoghurt cake
( SERVES 8 )
Years ago, my mother Jacqueline White discovered a yoghurt cake recipe in an old British newspaper.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Fruit yoghurt, or 250ml|
|½ cup||Cooking oil, (not olive)|
|1||Lemon, grated rind|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
- Preheat the oven to 160 degC fan bake. Grease and paper line the base of a 21cm cake tin.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add wet mix to dry. Do not over mix the ingredients.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let the cake cool, and ice while warm, not hot, as it can ruin the icing.
- Icing: Place all the ingredients in a bowl and microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Mix well. Add more passionfruit syrup or lemon if needed.
- A little lemon zest can also be added for a slight zing