Aromatic Lamb Shanks
These aromatic lamb shanks are delicious and rich, and make an impressive dinner party dish.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|1 cup||Red wine|
|800 g||Crushed tomatoes|
|1 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|2 cups||Beef stock|
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the garlic, onion, carrot and celery for 4 to 5 minutes until just tender. Transfer vegetables to the slow cooker.
2. Combine the paprika, cumin, coriander, salt and flour in a wide, shallow dish, then roll each lamb shank in the flour mixture.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown lamb in batches, then place in the slow cooker.
4. Heat red wine in a small pot. Bring to boil and reduce by half.
5. Pour the wine, tomatoes and stock over the lamb shanks, then cook for 4 hours.