Spinach and Lentil Curry
A fantastic vegetarian meal with lots of fibre and nutrients from both the lentils and spinach. Vegans - all you have to do is substitute the butter for olive oil and you've got yourself a delicious vegan meal.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|3 tsp||Ground coriander|
|2 tsp||Garam masala|
|250 g||Brown lentils|
|400 g||Crushed tomatoes|
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and cook onions for 5 minutes, add turmeric, finely grated ginger, cumin seeds, crushed garlic, ground coriander, garam masala and chilli.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a gentle heat, stirring carefully so that the spices do not burn.
- Add brown lentils, crushed tomatoes and 3 cups of cold water.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Ten minutes prior to the end of cooking time, add the chopped spinach.