Chicken & spinach pie with potato topping
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Chicken stock|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|800 g||Agria potatoes|
|100 g||Feta cheese|
|2 tbsp||Fresh parsley|
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Heat oil in a saucepan and gently cook chopped onion for 5 minutes. Set aside. Brown chicken (cut in 1.5cm cubes) in the same pan in batches and set aside.
- Stir flour into the oil remaining in the pan to form a smooth paste. Add a little more oil if needed. Add milk, stirring to form a smooth sauce, then add stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken and onion to the pan and stir in chopped spinach and rind from one lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool, then spoon into a 2-litre pie dish and top with mashed potato. Sprinkle with feta.
- Bake pie for 40 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.