Pork noodle soup
This is a very simple and super fast noodle dish. Top it off with Chinese BBQ pork (char siu pork) for an Asian twist.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Fish sauce|
|1 tbsp||Dark soy sauce|
|450 g||Pork steaks/fillets|
|2 Ltr||Chicken stock|
|3 cm||Root ginger|
|1 tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|125 g||Dried egg noodles|
|2 bunches||Bok choy|
|1 cup||Coriander leaves|
- Combine crushed garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce and oil in a dish and add thinly sliced pork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock into a large saucepan and add star anise, chopped ginger, chilli, sliced garlic and oyster sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat and quickly cook pork until just cooked.
- Add noodles to the soup and cook for 4 minutes. Add bok choy and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Divide broth, noodles and bok choy amongst four bowls and top with sliced pork and coriander leaves.