Mediterranean fish stew
Use prawns, calamari, mussells and fish in this tomato-based stew with the taste of the Mediterranean.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||White wine|
|400 g||Chopped tomatoes|
|3 cups||Chicken stock|
|2 cups||Cooked rice|
|250 g||White fish|
|1 pinch||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently cook chopped onion, chopped garlic and finely sliced celery for 10 minutes or until celery starts to soften.
- Increase heat and add wine, allow to boil and reduce by half.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stock or water and bring back to the boil.
- Add cleaned and debearded mussels, then cover and leave for 2 minutes until mussels have opened.
- Add the calamari tubes cut into rings, prawns and fish and gently cook, without stirring, until fish and prawns are opaque.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, scatter with parsley and serve.