Pizza with caramelised onion, feta, rocket, and walnuts
1kg onions, peeled and chopped2 tsp sugar1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary¼ cup olive oilPizza dough125g feta, crumbled½ cup walnut halves, lightly toasted1 cup rocket leaves Place
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 kg||Onion, peeled and chopped|
|1 tbsp||Fresh rosemary, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|125 g||Feta cheese, crumbles|
|½ cup||Walnut halves, lightly toasted|
|1 cup||Rocket leaves|
- Place onions, sugar, rosemary and olive oil in a saucepan and cook over a low to medium heat for 40 minutes, stirring frequently until onions are a caramel brown colour. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 225 degC. Roll out pizza dough into a rectangle 44cm x 14cm wide.
- Spread caramelised onion over the pizza base and top with crumbled feta.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until pizza base is golden.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and rocket leaves prior to serving.
Tip: This pizza is also delicious at room temperature.