Chocolate chip slice
This chocolate chip slice is a particular favourite in our repertoire of slices.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¼ tsp||Baking soda|
|¼ cup||Chocolate chips|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|25 g||Butter, melted|
|2 tsp||Water, hot|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Beat butter and sugars until pale and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into a lined 28 x 20cm slice pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix together icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl.
- Add melted butter and enough hot water to make a firm icing.
- Spread chocolate icing over cooled slice.