Tandoori lamb burger with mint sambal
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|800 g||Lamb mince|
|2 tbsp||Natural yoghurt|
|1 tbsp||Mango chutney|
|2½ cm||Root ginger|
|1 tbsp||Coriander seeds|
|½ tsp||Garam masala|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 pinch||Cayenne pepper|
|2 tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|2 to serve||Naan bread|
- To start, make your mint sambal by placing all the ingredients in a blender and whizzing together. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- To make the burgers, place the lamb in a large bowl, add the finely chopped onion, crushed garlic and yoghurt, cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mixing well, then return to the refrigerator. Leave overnight for the best results.
- Divide the mix into eight equal portions, then roll each of them into a long sausage shape and brush liberally with the oil.
- Heat a pan grill until hot and cook burgers for 5 to 6 minutes, turning regularly, until cooked and lightly charred all over.
- Serve the burgers on warm naan breads with the mint sambal and a spicy lime pickle (you can buy jars at the supermarket).