Tropical panna cotta with fresh pineapple
Panna cotta, is a dessert made from simmering cream and sugar together. The name, which originated in Italy, literally means 'cooked cream'. Add some zest with the addition of pineapple.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|⅔ cup||Coconut cream|
|3 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
- Bring the cream, coconut cream, sugar, finely grated lime rind (1 tsb), lime juice (4 tsb) and vanilla essence (1 tsb) to the boil in a saucepan, then remove mixture from heat.
- Dissolve powdered gelatine in 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture and then stir it back into the saucepan.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve and then into individual dariole moulds or ramekins.
- Chill in fridge overnight to set.
- Turn out and serve with fresh fruit, drizzled with 2 tsb vanilla extract.