Pork noodle salad
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|600 g||Pork steaks/fillets|
|160 g||Egg noodles, fine|
|3||Spring onions, finely sliced|
|½ cup||Cashew nuts, roasted and roughly chopped|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||Mirin, or wine vinegar|
|1 to taste||Black pepper, freshly ground|
|1||Carrot, peeled into ribbons|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and cook pork for around 2 minutes on each side.
- Leave for 5 minutes, then cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Place noodles in a bowl with spring onion and cashew nuts. Toss through the remaining oil and sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, mirin and pepper.
- Serve noodles with carrot ribbons and pork.