Vegetarian sushi rolls
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Sushi rice|
|3 tbsp||Rice wine vinegar|
- Wash the rice in a colander and stand for 30 minutes.
- Place rice in a saucepan and cover with 1 1/2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stand for a further 10 minutes.
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt and stir the through the rice, taking care not to mash the grains. Cover and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place 1 nori sheet on a sushi rolling mat, rough side up. Spread with a layer of rice, leaving a 2.5cm edge at the end.
- Make a strip of carrot, avocado and cucumber about 3cm in from the rice edge nearest to you.
- Using the mat to keep your sushi firm, roll it away from you, surrounding the filling with rice and continuing to use a rolling motion to pack the rice tightly within the nori.
- Brush the nori edge with water and seal. Repeat the process with remaining ingredients.
- Slice each roll into 8 pieces.