Roast tomato and onion tart
2 sheets flaky puff pastry4 red onions, sliced into 2cm thick slices6 large tomatoes, sliced into 2cm-thick slices4 tbsp olive oil8 tomatoes on the vine4 tbsp roasted red pepper pesto2 cups fresh
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 sheets||Flaky puff pastry|
|6||Large ripe tomatoes|
|4 tbsp||Olive oil|
|8||Tomatoes on the vine|
|4 tbsp||Roasted red pepper pesto|
|2 cups||Fresh basil|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Line the base and sides of two 23cm-square tart pans with pastry. Prick over the bases with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake pastry for 15 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Increase oven heat to 220 degC. Place red onions, sliced into 2cm thick slices and large tomatoes, sliced into 2cm-thick slices in a baking dish and drizzle over olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add vine tomatoes to baking dish and cook until the tomatoes start to split and wrinkle. Spread roasted red pepper pesto over pastry base. Arrange onion and tomato slices over pesto with the vine tomatoes and basil leaves on top.
- Serve with a salad of your choice.