Condensed milk slice
We have had a lot of requests for this recipe from readers around the country. This is the essential recipe for making the slice. Variations can be made with the addition of chopped dried fruit or by changing the nuts. As long as you stick to the same ration of dried pieces to condensed milk, it should be delicious!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Malt biscuits|
|1½ cups||Dark chocolate bits|
|1¼ cups||Shredded coconut|
|400 g||Sweetened condensed milk|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Crush biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs - this is easiest in a food processor.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press crumbs into the base of a lined 30 x 25cm slice pan.
- Sprinkle over chocolate chips and coconut, then top with chopped nuts.
- Evenly drizzle over the sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into slices.