Lamb, spinach and egg meatloaf
Most of us love a good meatloaf because, as well as tasting great, they are also versatile and economical. This recipe illustrates how versatile meatloaf can be.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|450 g||Lamb mince|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|½ cup||Fruit chutney|
|3||Eggs, hard boiled, roughly chopped|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place onion, garlic, lamb mince, cumin, breadcrumbs, egg and chutney in a bowl and mix well.
- On a piece of baking paper, spread mince mixture evenly into a 28cm x 18cm rectangle.
- Place spinach leaves evenly over the mince. Mix hard-boiled eggs with the mayonnaise, curry powder and salt and pepper, and spread on top of the spinach.
- With the help of the baking paper, roll up meat and filling from the long side.
- Place roll on a paper-lined baking tray, seam-side down. Bake for 1 hour. Leave to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.