Family dinner meatloaf
This simple meatloaf recipe is great for the whole family. You can add vegetables to this meatloaf according to taste or what's in season. Try mushrooms, celery or courgettes.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Beef mince|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1 tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|8 slices||Bacon - rindless|
- Preheat oven to 160degC.
- Place sausages in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Drain sausages, then slit skins and remove sausage meat to a large bowl.
- Add mince, onion, carrot, parsley, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Combine mixture with your hands.
- Lie bacon in an even, slightly overlapping line on a baking paper-lined oven tray.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf and place in the middle of the bacon.
- Fold the bacon on top of the meat loaf. Turn loaf over so bacon ends are on the loaf base.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meatloaf is cooked through.