The easiest way to make a ratatouille - all on the barbecue!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|600 g||Rump steak|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Fresh rosemary|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Heat a barbecue hot plate, cut the beef into 4cm cubes. Toss the steak in a little of the oil and quickly cook the until brown on each side. Remove steak from the hot plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the hot plate along with onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add courgettes, garlic and eggplant, and cook until eggplant begins to soften.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary and capers, and then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Return the steak to the hot plate along with the tomatoes. Heat through and transfer to a serving dish, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with combined balsamic vinegar and olive oil before serving.
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.