Chocolate coconut slice
Ready in 25 minutes plus cooling time, makes 20 slices. 250g butter; 1 cup sugar; 2 tbsp cocoa; 1 tbsp golden syrup...
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 tbsp||Golden syrup|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1½ cups||Icing sugar|
|1 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 tbsp||Butter, soft|
|1½ tbsp||Water, boiling|
|¼ to decorate||Coconut|
- Melt the first four ingredients in a pot. Do not boil. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degC fan bake. Grease an 18 x 27cm baking pan and line with baking paper for easy lift out.
- Add dry ingredients to cocoa mixture and press into pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the icing ingredients together and beat well. Ice slice when warm, not hot, with chocolate icing and sprinkle additional coconut over the top.
- You don’t need as much icing then, as the slight heat from the warm slice helps “melt” the icing slightly.
- Cut into small pieces when cool – perfect with tea.