Corn and bacon quiches
Keeping lunchboxes interesting and healthy is a constant challenge. Having some interesting new recipes on hand can encourage kids to actually eat their lunch and also get the nutrition they need for a busy day at school.
|3 sheets||Butter puff pastry|
|¾ cup||Corn kernels|
|1 cup||Tasty cheese|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Cook the chopped bacon and onion in a small frying pan until the onion is soft.
- Whisk together eggs and cream until well mixed.
- Using a 9cm-wide round cookie cutter, cut pastry rounds and gently press them into 12 muffin pans.
- Place a little onion, bacon, corn and grated cheese in each.
- Pour over the egg and cream mixture, then bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: You could also add tomato, courgette or mushroom.