Pork chops with apples, mushrooms and marsala sauce
( SERVES 4 )
This is incredibly good and likely to have your guests moaning with delight.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|750 g||Pork chops|
|1 cup||Button mushrooms, sliced|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Braeburn apples, peeled, cored and sliced|
|2 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1½ cups||Chicken stock|
|250 g||Creme fraiche, lite|
|1 to taste||Salt and pepper|
- Slash the back fat on the chops in several places to stop them curling when they cook.
- Sauté mushrooms in 40g butter for 5 minutes, set aside.
- Add olive oil and 10g butter to pan. Add apples and sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Dust the chops with the flour, using the same pan cook for 5 minutes each side over a low heat. Add Marsala. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and simmer till liquid has reduced by half. Add lite crème fraîche, mushrooms and apples. Stir and simmer for 2-5 minutes.
- Season and add parsley.