The English say courgette, the Italians zucchini but, whatever you call it, this fabulous summer vegetable is popular the world over. This soup is substantial enough to serve as an entree or light meal.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1½ Ltr||Chicken stock|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|10 cm||Chorizo sausages|
|¼ cup||Sour cream|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add chopped bacon, garlic, onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add peeled and cubed potatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in chicken stock, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add grated courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes. Transfer soup to a blender and pulse until ingredients are combined but not mixture is not smooth.
- Cut the chorizo into 3cm-long strips. Heat a frying pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour soup into bowls, top with sour cream and chorizo slices.