Chicken and leek pie
An easy, delicious and economical mid-week meal.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|900 g||Chicken breasts|
|1 packet||Cream of chicken soup mix|
|¼ cup||Fresh parsley|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|8 sheets||Filo pastry|
- Preheat oven to 190 degC. Heat a non-stick frying pan, add 2 tbsp oil and the sliced leeks and cook over a medium to low heat for 5 minutes to soften. Remove to one side.
- Turn up the heat and cook the cubed chicken until browned. Remove to one side. Combine the soup mix, cold water and cream. Add to the pan and bring to the boil, stirring until thick.
- Return the leeks and chicken to the pan along with the diced ham, chopped parsley, lemon zest and juice from one lemon. Transfer the mixture to a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish.
- Brush one sheet of filo pastry lightly with olive oil. Scrunch up the filo and place on top of the chicken mixture. Repeat with remaining filo until surface is completely covered.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filo is golden.