Lemon meringue semifreddo
Semifreddo literally means semi-frozen so it is ideal to let this dessert soften a little before serving.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Place egg yolks only, vanilla, curd and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, taking care the base of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Whisk mixture until it is thick and creamy, then allow to cool while continuing to whisk.
- Beat cream until soft peaks have formed.
- Fold cream and egg yolk mix together, gently fold in meringues (smashed) and pour into a plastic cling film-lined loaf pan.
- Cover and freeze overnight or until firm enough to invert onto a serving platter and slice.