Tamarind, lemon and coconut chicken
A delicious, easy and economical mid-week meal.
|½ cup||Tamarind puree|
|1 tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 tsp||Fish sauce|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|400 ml||Coconut cream|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander|
- Place chicken thigh filllets in a plastic bag with the flour and shake until chicken is lightly coated.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook chicken on all sides until brown.
- Add crushed and chopped garlic, tamarind puree, lemon rind from lemon, brown sugar, fish sauce, lemon juice, coconut cream, salt and pepper to pan. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a heatproof platter.
- Boil sauce until reduced by half. Pour sauce over chicken and scatter with coriander. Serve with steamed rice.
$ VIEW DEAL