Chicken wrapped in bacon with basil and lemon risotto
With this delicious recipe, any excess risotto can be chilled, then mixed with a little mozzarella, rolled into balls, crumbed and fried.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Arborio rice|
|2½ cups||Chicken stock|
|¼ cup||Basil leaves|
|½ cup||Parmesan cheese|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to serve||Watercress|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Gently fry finely chopped onion in butter until soft.
- Add rice to the pan and stir to coat with butter. Pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
- Transfer the rice mixture to an ovenproof dish with a tight-fitting lid and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and stir risotto, then return to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes until the stock has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- While risotto is cooking, wrap each chicken breast in streaky bacon and place in a baking dish.
- Cook chicken alongside risotto for 30 minutes, until the meat is cooked right through.
- Remove risotto from oven, then stir through chopped basil, chopped parsley, rind from half a lemon and grated parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve risotto with chicken breasts and watercress leaves