Espressoholic Chocolate Silk Cake
Tanya loves the Chocolate Silk Cake from Espressoholic in Wellington and asked if we could please get the recipe. our thanks to Leighton for sharing this 20-year secret with us! The recipe has been converted slightly to fit a smaller cake pan.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Plain biscuits|
|125 g||Butter, melted|
|¼ cup||Chocolate chips|
|2 tsp||Cocoa powder|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|750 g||Dark chocolate|
- Place biscuits in a food processor and process until finely crumbed.
- Mix together melted butter and chocolate chips, then combine with biscuit crumbs, cinnamon and cocoa.
- Press crumb mixture into the base and sides of a 23cm springform cake pan. Refrigerate until cold and firm.
- Gently melt the chocolate, either in a microwave or a double boiler, or in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of just-simmering water.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Whisk eggs, then add to butter and sugar.
- Pour chocolate into butter mixture and mix well. Pour chocolate filling into the base and the smooth the surface.
- Chill cake in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours. Cut into thin slices with a hot knife before serving.