Beef with Rocket Mayonnaise
Rocket mayonnaise is a delicious accompaniment to a beef steak. Drizzle over the steak and serve with fresh greens on the side.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||White wine vinegar|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|600 g||Beef steaks|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Place egg yolks, salt and vinegar in a food processor. Process until pale and foamy.
- Alternatively, blend in a bowl with a whisk or hand-held electric beater.
- With processor motor running, or while whisking, add oils in a thin and steady stream until combined.
- Add rocket leaves(coarsely chopped) and process or whisk to incorporate.
- Heat a large frying pan or chargrill pan over a high heat. Spray steaks with a film of oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on thickness, then turn and cook the other side.
- (Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare or a little longer if you prefer well-done.) Serve drizzled with rocket mayonnaise.