Leek, bacon and gruyere quiches
These delicious baby quiches can be prepared ahead and are perfect for entertaining.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 g||Butter, cold, and 1 tbsp butter|
|150 ml||Sour cream|
|3||Leeks, white part only, finely sliced|
|4||Bacon rashers, finely chopped|
|¾ cup||Gruyere cheese, grated|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Place the flour in the bowl of a food processor. Chop butter and, with the motor running, drop butter into flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add sour cream and pulse until the mixture forms a ball. Wrap dough in plastic cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large frying pan and gently cook the leeks and bacon for 5 to 10 mins until leeks are tender. Whisk together eggs and cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface and cut out 18cm x 8cm circles with a glass or cookie cutter. Gently press pastry circles into muffin pans.
- Fill with a spoonful of leek and bacon mixture, then a sprinkle of cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over egg and cream mixture, then bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden.