Luscious lemon tart
This heavenly lemon tart is the ideal dessert to feed a crowd. Remove this tart from the oven when the centre is still a bit wobbly as it will set as it cools.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Caster sugar|
|1¼ cups||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Lemon juice|
- Place the flour and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Roughly chop butter (well chilled) and add to the bowl. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 1 egg yolk and chilled water and pulse to form a ball. If it's too dry, add a little extra water. Wrap pastry in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Line a 28cm tart pan with pastry. Prick with a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 200C. Cover pastry with baking paper and cover with rice or dried beans and bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove weights and cook a further 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180 degC. Whisk together 6 eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Mix in lemon juice, rind of one lemon and cream and whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared pastry shell and bake for 30 minutes or until just set.
- Allow to cool and serve with cream or ice cream.