Chocolate yoghurt cake
The chocolate yoghurt cake is a fabulous dessert option for an Easter dinner or for any other time of the year when you need a chocolate lift.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||Natural yoghurt|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|250 g||Dark chocolate|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Grease and line a 24cm spring-form cake pan. Place butter and sugars in a bowl and beat well until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gently mix in yoghurt, vanilla essence and then sifted dry ingredients. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until cake tests cooked.
- Allow cake to cook in pan for
- Minutes and then turn out onto a cake rack.
- Place dark chocolate and cream in a small saucepan, then stir over a gentle heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cover cooled cake with the ganache.