Braised Neck Lamb Chops
This recipe is great to make the day before you need it. Any excess fat can be skimmed off prior to reheating.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Button mushrooms|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|12||Lamb neck chops|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 cups||Beef stock|
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat a little oil in a cast-iron casserole dish. Gently cook onion (finely chopped), carrots (chopped), celery (finely sliced), garlic and quartered mushrooms until onion is tender.
- Toss lamb neck chops (trimmed of excess fat) in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and quickly brown chops in batches, transferring them to the casserole once they are done.
- Add the tomato paste, stock and bay leaf to the casserole.
- Cover the casserole and then cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone.