Teriyaki chicken with vegetables
Make this popular Asian takeaway dish at home with a few simple ingredients and our easy to follow recipe.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Soy sauce|
|½ cup||Cashew nuts|
- Place soy sauce, mirin, finely grated ginger, sugar and rice wine vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Mix cornflour to a paste with a little cold water and add to the sauce, stirring until sauce boils and thickens. Remove pan from the heat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook finely sliced onion, crushed garlic and sliced carrot for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Add sliced chicken breast to the pan and cook, stirring regularly until chicken is cooked through.
- Add broccoli florets from head of broccoli and sliced courgettes along with 1/4 cup cold water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour over sauce and toss well until vegetables and chicken are well coated.
- Serve in bowls tosted cashew nuts.