The blend of olives, parsley and basil lend this pork dish a uniquely Italian flavour.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|600 g||Pork loins, steaks|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 slices||White bread, crusts removed|
|½ cup||Parsley, flat-leaf|
|½ cup||Basil leaf|
|6||Olives, green, stones removed|
|2 cloves||Garlic, thinly sliced|
|1||Courgette, large, sliced|
|200 g||Broccoli, sliced and blanched|
|150 g||Baby spinach, leaf|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, shaved|
|1 to serve||Potato chips/wedges|
- Heat the grill.
- Arrange the pork steaks between 2 sheets of cling film, then, using a rolling pin, bash each until 1.5cm thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, add two steaks, season and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side until golden.
- Cook remaining steaks and place on a baking tray.
- In a food processor, whizz the bread with the parsley, basil, olives and 1 tbsp oil.
- Sprinkle the crumbs on top of each steak.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes until the topping is golden and the pork cooked through.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, then fry garlic and courgette for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and spinach, then stir until tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve with the pork and potato wedges.