Rhubarb crumble cake
There are really no rules with crumbles. You can add nuts or coconut and vary the fruits and spices to suit your own tastes and what you have in the pantry.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1½ cups||Self raising flour|
|1½ tsp||Baking powder|
|2 tsp||Ground ginger|
|1½ tbsp||Demerara sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 160 degC. Grease and line a 22cm spring form cake pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Pour in melted butter and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Stir through combined flour, baking powder and ginger.
- Pour half the batter into the cake pan and arrange rhubarb, chopped into 3cm pieces over the mixture, then top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle chopped blanched hazelnuts and sugar over top and bake at 160 degC for 1 hour or until cake tests cooked.