Beef Stew with White Beans and Pancetta
This Italian-style winter favourite is a great winter warmer.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|750 g||Skirt steak|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Red wine|
|1 tbsp||Fresh parsley|
|400 g||Canned tomatoes|
|400 g||Cannellini beans|
|2 cups||Beef stock|
- Cut steak into 3cm peices. Toss steak in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown steak in batches. Transfer meat to a large cast-iron saucepan after browning.
- Add pancetta and vegetables to the pan, with a little extra oil if necessary, and cook gently until onion is tender.
- Increase heat and add wine. Allow to bubble for a minute.
- Transfer ingredients to the casserole dish and add rosemary, thyme, tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to the pan for the last 20 minutes of cooking.