Chicken and basil cannelloni
Cannelloni are filled tubes of pasta. This variation uses chicken and basil but you can mix the fillings up by putting in different meats or even making them vegetarian.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Chicken mince|
|¼ cup||Basil pesto|
|250 g||Ricotta cheese|
|1 cup||Parmesan cheese|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 cups||Tomato pasta sauce|
|1 cup||Mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook chicken mince and chopped onion until onion is tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, place pesto, ricotta, eggs, grated parmesan and cooled chicken mince. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Grease a large casserole dish. Put a heaped tablespoon of filling into each cannelloni tube. Continue until the filling is used up, placing tubes next to each other in a single layer in the dish.
- Spoon tomato sauce over the filled cannelloni and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is light brown and bubbly.