Easy peasy pizza
Get your kids into the kitchen with this delicious pizza recipe. With even the bases made from scratch, the kids will feel like authentic pizza chefs!
Base of pizza
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Canned tomatoes|
|2||Garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Dried oregano|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|200 g||Shaved ham|
|1 cup||Mozzarella cheese, grated|
|1 cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Sift 31/4 cups flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre by pushing the flour to the side of the bowl and leaving a hole in the centre.
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and pour into the well, mix a little and then sprinkle over the salt and olive oil.
- Mix the dough into a ball and knead for 7 minutes, adding extra flour if dough gets too sticky. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover.
- Place the bowl in a warm place and leave for 1 1/2 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes, garlic (finley chopped), oregano, tomato paste and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until sauce has thickened and reduced. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220 degC. Roll the dough out into 2 circles approximately 28cm in diameter and place on oiled pizza pans or oven trays. Cover with cooled tomato sauce. Top with shaved ham and then scatter with grated cheeses.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes until base is golden and crisp and cheese melted and bubbling. Many cake mixers have a dough hook attachment that will do the kneading for you.