Hokey Pokey ice-cream
To mix up the flavours in this delicious ice-cream, use a cream and condensed milk base, then add other flavours such as chocolate chunks.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 can||Condensed milk|
- Place sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and stir constantly over a low heat until the mixture comes to the boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes over a very gentle heat, stirring occasionally and making sure it doesn't burn.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the baking soda, quickly stirring until the mixture froths. Immediately pour the hokey pokey onto a tray lined with baking paper and allow to cool. once solid, break the hokey pokey into rough chunks approximately 2 to 3cm long.
- Whip cream with vanilla until peaks form when the beater is lifted from the bowl. Gently mix in 395g can of sweetened condensed milk and hokey pokey pieces.
- Pour into a 2-litre plastic ice cream container, cover tightly and freeze overnight or until ice cream is firm.