Smoked fish toasts
If you need a nutritious and filling snack or simply a light dinner, these fish toasts are the perfect solution. Serve with a side salad if you want a more traditional meal.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¾ cup||Grated cheese|
|1 tsp||Mustard powder|
|400 g||Smoked fish|
|8 slices||Wholemeal sandwich bread|
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Cook for 1 minute then remove from heat and pour in half the milk. Stir until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and beat until there are no lumps. Return to heat and stir until the mixture is really thick.
- Remove from heat and fold in grated cheese, mustard powder, 3 tbsp of the chopped parsley, flaked smoked fish and egg yolk of a egg.
- Toast the bread on one side. Pile a couple of tablespoons of the fish mixture on to the untoasted sides and place under the grill for 2 minutes until golden and puffed up.
- Sprinkle over remaining 1 tbsp chopped parsley and serve immediately.